Teachers’ pay day brought forward
The Ministry of Education has announced that most school staff will receive their Christmas pay on December 21 to help ensure payments go as smoothly as possible.
Ministry of Education Group Manager, Rebecca Elvy, says the pay day would normally fall during Christmas week, but will be brought forward.
“The earlier date will enable pay issues for any individuals to be dealt with promptly and before Christmas.
“We appreciate how hard school payroll administrators have been working and want to ensure they don’t need to return to school during their holiday period.”
Ms Elvy says if any employee is underpaid or not paid, the school can make an advance and the Ministry will reimburse it, or the Ministry can make the advance directly to the staff member.
To arrange a direct advance from the Ministry during the Christmas break the affected staff member can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ‘Advance’ or call 04 463 8383.
Ms Elvy says more than 90 percent of schools have returned their end-of-year data, which is a credit to the hard work of payroll administrators.
“Our calls to schools offering more assistance continued this week. If any payroll administrator is still struggling to complete the end of year report, we can also send an expert advisor out to assist them.”
This end of year information impacts a group of about ten thousand teachers who are fixed term or long-term relievers, most support staff, and any staff going to a new school next year.
Those staff will receive their Christmas pay on December 12.
- PM’s downplaying of hunger in schools stuns principals
- Yes, you are creative – here’s how to find your spark
- Good ideas make it harder to be a great leader
- New Zealand school leadership courses in strong demand overseas
- London’s GCSE success due to ethnic diversity in capital’s schools – report
- Childcare to float
- Minister wants to get rid of decile system
- Ministry aware of gender imbalance in schools but doesn’t plan to do anything about it
- Bay of Plenty
- Central East