Grant for teachers of Pasifika descent
Teachers of Pacific Island descent can now apply for a $5,000 scholarship provided by CORE Education.
The Pasifika Education Grant supports the leadership development of Pasifika teachers in various forms – including mentoring and coaching, assistance with professional learning opportunities, and supporting facilitation skills.
Demonstrating his or her commitment to the education of Pacific Island children, the successful applicant must be involved in the promotion and use of Pacific language/s and culture/s, be actively involved and seek opportunities to gain new learning.
The scholarship is open to early childhood, as well as primary and secondary teachers.
For more information about the selection criteria and background information, visit http://core-ed.org/foundation/pasifika-education-grant
- Controversial Education Amendment Bill passes Parliament
- Competition connects classroom with conservation
- Principal defends Northland charter school
- Canterbury comes to Auckland
- School teaching English to tertiary students
- Top 10 podcasts to help you learn a language
- New sex education course confronts pornography-dominated domain
- What about that gap now?
- New Zealand
- Central East
- Central South