Grant for teachers of Pasifika descent
Teachers of Pacific Island descent can now apply for a $5,000 scholarship provided by CORE Education.
The Pasifika Education Grant supports the leadership development of Pasifika teachers in various forms – including mentoring and coaching, assistance with professional learning opportunities, and supporting facilitation skills.
Demonstrating his or her commitment to the education of Pacific Island children, the successful applicant must be involved in the promotion and use of Pacific language/s and culture/s, be actively involved and seek opportunities to gain new learning.
The scholarship is open to early childhood, as well as primary and secondary teachers.
For more information about the selection criteria and background information, visit http://core-ed.org/foundation/pasifika-education-grant
- Education: The battle for marks, minds and money
- Schools receive grants from O-I NZ Environment Fund
- St Jude School Tanzania
- National condemned for announcing new charter schools so close to an election
- Sign language funding move questioned
- Three Ways We Can All Become Better Teachers
- Top 10 Tips for Teaching Basic Reading Skills
- Keys claims teacher protests left wing electioneering
- Bay of Plenty
- Central East
- Central Otago
- Central West