Grant for teachers of Pasifika descent
Teachers of Pacific Island descent can now apply for a $5,000 scholarship provided by CORE Education.
The Pasifika Education Grant supports the leadership development of Pasifika teachers in various forms – including mentoring and coaching, assistance with professional learning opportunities, and supporting facilitation skills.
Demonstrating his or her commitment to the education of Pacific Island children, the successful applicant must be involved in the promotion and use of Pacific language/s and culture/s, be actively involved and seek opportunities to gain new learning.
The scholarship is open to early childhood, as well as primary and secondary teachers.
For more information about the selection criteria and background information, visit http://core-ed.org/foundation/pasifika-education-grant
- French and Saunders schoolgirls
- Teacher stripped of registration over relationship with student
- Fifth of secondary school pupils 'wake almost every night to use social media'
- Schools get significant environment fund grants
- Early Childhood Education Is Critical for our Own Kids' Future - and the Nation's
- Why It's Imperative to Teach Entrepreneurship
- What happens in your brain when you make a memory?
- Hollywood comes calling for 'banned book' Into the River
- Bay of Plenty