Grant for teachers of Pasifika descent
Teachers of Pacific Island descent can now apply for a $5,000 scholarship provided by CORE Education.
The Pasifika Education Grant supports the leadership development of Pasifika teachers in various forms – including mentoring and coaching, assistance with professional learning opportunities, and supporting facilitation skills.
Demonstrating his or her commitment to the education of Pacific Island children, the successful applicant must be involved in the promotion and use of Pacific language/s and culture/s, be actively involved and seek opportunities to gain new learning.
The scholarship is open to early childhood, as well as primary and secondary teachers.
For more information about the selection criteria and background information, visit http://core-ed.org/foundation/pasifika-education-grant
- 10 thought patterns that give rise to dysfunctional leadership
- Robotics grants up for grabs
- Schools land hungry in growth regions
- What to Do If a Conversation Is Turning Loud and Aggressive
- NZ has the one of the lowest tertiary completion rates in OECD
- Reckon you were born without a brain for maths? Highly unlikely
- NUT chief calls on teachers to unite in opposition to Tory plans
- ECE Quality critical