Grant for teachers of Pasifika descent
Teachers of Pacific Island descent can now apply for a $5,000 scholarship provided by CORE Education.
The Pasifika Education Grant supports the leadership development of Pasifika teachers in various forms – including mentoring and coaching, assistance with professional learning opportunities, and supporting facilitation skills.
Demonstrating his or her commitment to the education of Pacific Island children, the successful applicant must be involved in the promotion and use of Pacific language/s and culture/s, be actively involved and seek opportunities to gain new learning.
The scholarship is open to early childhood, as well as primary and secondary teachers.
For more information about the selection criteria and background information, visit http://core-ed.org/foundation/pasifika-education-grant
- Educators say OECD report backs their calls for more funding
- How to build comprehension strategies: top literacy researcher
- Teachers’ council finds thousands of teachers working illegally
- Final 2014 Eduvac subscriber competition winner
- Old Herbart still has something to offer
- Negativity isn’t always bad
- Take a break: Why doing nothing can make you more productive
- Partnership schools success misrepresented