Grant for teachers of Pasifika descent
Teachers of Pacific Island descent can now apply for a $5,000 scholarship provided by CORE Education.
The Pasifika Education Grant supports the leadership development of Pasifika teachers in various forms – including mentoring and coaching, assistance with professional learning opportunities, and supporting facilitation skills.
Demonstrating his or her commitment to the education of Pacific Island children, the successful applicant must be involved in the promotion and use of Pacific language/s and culture/s, be actively involved and seek opportunities to gain new learning.
The scholarship is open to early childhood, as well as primary and secondary teachers.
For more information about the selection criteria and background information, visit http://core-ed.org/foundation/pasifika-education-grant
- Teaching foundation studies in Malacca, Malaysia
- Hamilton teacher who unlawfully passed students banned from classroom
- $350K bonus for problem Northland schools
- Teachers overworked and undervalued but still dedicated to education, survey suggests
- The power of constructive disagreement
- Shanghai maths teaching model may not quite add up
- More support needed for teachers of sexual education
- New book helps to de-mystify dyslexia
- Bay of Plenty
- Central East
- Central Otago
- Central South
- West Coast