Grant for teachers of Pasifika descent
Teachers of Pacific Island descent can now apply for a $5,000 scholarship provided by CORE Education.
The Pasifika Education Grant supports the leadership development of Pasifika teachers in various forms – including mentoring and coaching, assistance with professional learning opportunities, and supporting facilitation skills.
Demonstrating his or her commitment to the education of Pacific Island children, the successful applicant must be involved in the promotion and use of Pacific language/s and culture/s, be actively involved and seek opportunities to gain new learning.
The scholarship is open to early childhood, as well as primary and secondary teachers.
For more information about the selection criteria and background information, visit http://core-ed.org/foundation/pasifika-education-grant
- The rise of Paula Bennett and fall of Heika Parata
- Day out with Thomas at Glenbrook
- How leaders win forgiveness for mistakes
- Spot the difference - why do more men teach in independent schools?
- Overwhelmed - and stuck with a stone age brain
- High expectation teachers lift students’ success
- Novopay still unpopular despite ownership change
- Music Festival an amazing musical and cultural event
- Bay of Plenty
- Central East
- Central South
- Central West
- West Coast