Grant for teachers of Pasifika descent
Teachers of Pacific Island descent can now apply for a $5,000 scholarship provided by CORE Education.
The Pasifika Education Grant supports the leadership development of Pasifika teachers in various forms – including mentoring and coaching, assistance with professional learning opportunities, and supporting facilitation skills.
Demonstrating his or her commitment to the education of Pacific Island children, the successful applicant must be involved in the promotion and use of Pacific language/s and culture/s, be actively involved and seek opportunities to gain new learning.
The scholarship is open to early childhood, as well as primary and secondary teachers.
For more information about the selection criteria and background information, visit http://core-ed.org/foundation/pasifika-education-grant
- Teachers lack faith in new council, say unions
- Are you interested in teaching in the UK?
- Unique opportunity for experienced teacher or principal
- Can You Learn to Lead?
- Five useful ways teachers can help pupils transition to secondary school
- Students in elite sports programmes risk burnout – academic
- White flight: why middle-class parents are snubbing local schools
- Teen 'never suspended' over speech
- Bay of Plenty
- Central South
- Central West