Grant for teachers of Pasifika descent
Teachers of Pacific Island descent can now apply for a $5,000 scholarship provided by CORE Education.
The Pasifika Education Grant supports the leadership development of Pasifika teachers in various forms – including mentoring and coaching, assistance with professional learning opportunities, and supporting facilitation skills.
Demonstrating his or her commitment to the education of Pacific Island children, the successful applicant must be involved in the promotion and use of Pacific language/s and culture/s, be actively involved and seek opportunities to gain new learning.
The scholarship is open to early childhood, as well as primary and secondary teachers.
For more information about the selection criteria and background information, visit http://core-ed.org/foundation/pasifika-education-grant
- Social responsibility and social betrayal
- Bonding Concept Could Offer Additional Choice for Graduates
- Halswell Residential College to become fully co-educational
- Supreme Court upholds Ministry position in case against Carter Holt Harvey
- Online Schools Out of Line Say Principals
- NCEA pass rate increases - do they reflect genuine increase in learning?
- Student surveys are destroying my confidence, says new academic
- UK universities take increasing battle for students into virtual world