Grant for teachers of Pasifika descent
Teachers of Pacific Island descent can now apply for a $5,000 scholarship provided by CORE Education.
The Pasifika Education Grant supports the leadership development of Pasifika teachers in various forms – including mentoring and coaching, assistance with professional learning opportunities, and supporting facilitation skills.
Demonstrating his or her commitment to the education of Pacific Island children, the successful applicant must be involved in the promotion and use of Pacific language/s and culture/s, be actively involved and seek opportunities to gain new learning.
The scholarship is open to early childhood, as well as primary and secondary teachers.
For more information about the selection criteria and background information, visit http://core-ed.org/foundation/pasifika-education-grant
- Upcoming legislation for the ECE sector
- Climate Change Breaches Symbolic Thresholds, Fuels Extreme Weather
- 24 Daily Habits That Will Make You Smarter
- Opinion: Peter Lyons -NCEA pass rates hard for parents to cope with
- Academics decry "dangerous trend" of limiting academic freedom
- School Buildings - A Perfect Storm
- NZ teachers help select best educational resources for 2015
- Student loans to be chased over the ditch
- Bay of Plenty
- Central West