Grant for teachers of Pasifika descent
Teachers of Pacific Island descent can now apply for a $5,000 scholarship provided by CORE Education.
The Pasifika Education Grant supports the leadership development of Pasifika teachers in various forms – including mentoring and coaching, assistance with professional learning opportunities, and supporting facilitation skills.
Demonstrating his or her commitment to the education of Pacific Island children, the successful applicant must be involved in the promotion and use of Pacific language/s and culture/s, be actively involved and seek opportunities to gain new learning.
The scholarship is open to early childhood, as well as primary and secondary teachers.
For more information about the selection criteria and background information, visit http://core-ed.org/foundation/pasifika-education-grant
- National Standards cause inequality – study
- Eduvac House of Travel Parnell winner has a cracker of a time in Sydney
- Book club flyer Nov 28
- The Virgin and the Whale
- 18% of NZ children in poverty – ECE cuts not helping
- Fun Christmas activities for schools and the history of Christmas…
- Mobile Study: Tablets Make a Difference in Teaching and Learning
- The biology of learning – music lessons improve brain function in later life
- Central South