Grant for teachers of Pasifika descent
Teachers of Pacific Island descent can now apply for a $5,000 scholarship provided by CORE Education.
The Pasifika Education Grant supports the leadership development of Pasifika teachers in various forms – including mentoring and coaching, assistance with professional learning opportunities, and supporting facilitation skills.
Demonstrating his or her commitment to the education of Pacific Island children, the successful applicant must be involved in the promotion and use of Pacific language/s and culture/s, be actively involved and seek opportunities to gain new learning.
The scholarship is open to early childhood, as well as primary and secondary teachers.
For more information about the selection criteria and background information, visit http://core-ed.org/foundation/pasifika-education-grant
- An act of hope: Educating leaders for a better and more peaceful world
- A beginner's guide to planning and managing school budgets
- Entrepreneurial approach to education proves highly sustainable
- Police investigate 'serious incident' between Whanganui High School staff
- Students overpaying millions
- School funding plan harks back to 90s
- 10 top tips for teachers heading into school senior leadership teams
- Minister of Education “unbelievably short-sighted”
- Bay of Plenty