Grant for teachers of Pasifika descent
Teachers of Pacific Island descent can now apply for a $5,000 scholarship provided by CORE Education.
The Pasifika Education Grant supports the leadership development of Pasifika teachers in various forms – including mentoring and coaching, assistance with professional learning opportunities, and supporting facilitation skills.
Demonstrating his or her commitment to the education of Pacific Island children, the successful applicant must be involved in the promotion and use of Pacific language/s and culture/s, be actively involved and seek opportunities to gain new learning.
The scholarship is open to early childhood, as well as primary and secondary teachers.
For more information about the selection criteria and background information, visit http://core-ed.org/foundation/pasifika-education-grant
- PM’s downplaying of hunger in schools stuns principals
- Yes, you are creative – here’s how to find your spark
- Good ideas make it harder to be a great leader
- New Zealand school leadership courses in strong demand overseas
- London’s GCSE success due to ethnic diversity in capital’s schools – report
- Childcare to float
- Minister wants to get rid of decile system
- Ministry aware of gender imbalance in schools but doesn’t plan to do anything about it
- Bay of Plenty
- Central East