Grant for teachers of Pasifika descent
Teachers of Pacific Island descent can now apply for a $5,000 scholarship provided by CORE Education.
The Pasifika Education Grant supports the leadership development of Pasifika teachers in various forms – including mentoring and coaching, assistance with professional learning opportunities, and supporting facilitation skills.
Demonstrating his or her commitment to the education of Pacific Island children, the successful applicant must be involved in the promotion and use of Pacific language/s and culture/s, be actively involved and seek opportunities to gain new learning.
The scholarship is open to early childhood, as well as primary and secondary teachers.
For more information about the selection criteria and background information, visit http://core-ed.org/foundation/pasifika-education-grant
- New Zealand initiative a worldwide success
- The seven big language learning issues facing the UK
- Research project to improve literacy outcomes
- Great teaching roles available in Malacca, Malaysia
- Rural schools competition
- Resources about the First World War
- Are you bad at delegation?
- The 7 Secrets of a Happy Brain
- New Zealand
- Central East
- Central South